Volunteers at the Youth Health Empowerment Project assist the staff in being able to provide our youth with better services while engaging in a unique experience to interact with our incredible participants. All volunteers are expected to carry out Y-HEP’s mission to empower young people by maintaining our rights and responsibilities and interacting with the participants as a role model.
Below are some of the areas that a volunteer may be asked to support:
- Assist in food preparation at the beginning of the day and/or kitchen clean up at the end of the day.
- Distribute amenities to participants
- Help with our weekly laundry services
- Assist in picking up and putting away supplies and donations
- Keep the clothing closet in order
- Create outreach condom packs and maintain a steady supply of Y-HEP condom packs in the drop in center
- Help with morning drop-in prep and end of the day clean up.
To volunteer at Y-HEP, you must be over 24 years old, and have met with our Youth Development and Empowerment Coordinator for a brief orientation. There are day and evening volunteer opportunities depending on our programing scheduling for one day or reoccurring.
Please contact Don Russell, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org if you are:
- interested in volunteering at Y-HEP or your organization wants to bring larger groups for a day of services,
- a part of an organization that provides free or low-cost activities or workshops that our youth might benefit from. We love to bring in other organizations to offer new educational, arts, or therapeutic opportunities for Y-HEP youth.
- an artist, musician, dancer, yogi, or have a talent to share and wish to volunteer with us, we’d love to have you as well!
A donation to Y-HEP is a gift to Philadelphia’s youth and an investment in the health of our city, our community, our future. Y-HEP supports young people to take control over their health, and provides a safe space and a vibrant community in which to do it.
With your help, we can end the AIDS epidemic and ensure a healthier tomorrow for our city’s young citizens.
General donations to Y-HEP are fully tax-deductible under the law. Many companies will double the impact of your gift with a Matching Gift Program. Be sure to ask your employer if this benefit is available to you.